About Dakini Clothing
You're confident in who you are. You are awesome.
And with Dakini you can be confident in what you wear. Whether you’re stepping out or kicking back.
Dakini makes high-quality, comfortable, long-lasting, great-looking clothing.
We ignore fads. We focus on reflecting your authentic inner awesomeness. We’ve been doing this since 1993, working out of Massachusetts where we founded our family-owned business.
Dakini is what you reach for when you’re at your best, living your life and exploring your world.
That’s who we are.
Founded in 1993, Dakini is still privately owned and family-run out of our native state (okay, Commonwealth) of Massachusetts. Our clothing is sold worldwide.
That’s the boring corporate stuff. Let us tell you about some things we think are really important.
- We loved the word Dakini from the moment we encountered it. The Dakini are spirits or messengers—and the first thing we heard was that when you see the Dakini, you are said to be a “holder of the crazy wisdom.” That made perfect sense to us when we were 25 years old. (Actually, it still does.)
- We make clothes that are a lasting investment. They look great and fit great for a long, long time, through many adventures.
- We essentially created our own category of clothing, because we couldn’t find the stuff we wanted to wear ourselves. We wanted to ski and run and hike and live, and then walk into a cafe and not look like we were either training for the Olympics or raised by wolves.
- Our favorite thing is when we hear people call their jacket, or dress or pullover or whatever, “my Dakini”. We hear that a lot. It’s fantastic.
- We aren’t blowing smoke: We really do think you’re awesome. Our customers treat us great, and we try to do the same for them. We think our customer service absolutely should be as exceptional as our clothes are. How’s that for crazy wisdom?!
- In fact, it’s not that crazy. We have a blast with customer service, because we have a blast with everything Dakini. We may have launched in 1993 but we feel like we're just getting started.